Thursday, May 6, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

Today was our 36 week appointment with our doctor.  She performed the GBS test and checked my cervix.  We also had the bonus of seeing our little one again on an ultrasound!  At this point in the pregnancy you would think that the ultrasound would be nice and clear, but it's not.  In fact, it was difficult to make out the different features of the baby without the doctor pointing them out.  I think this is due to the baby being much much bigger than he/she was at our last ultrasound (at 17 weeks).   The heartbeat looked nice and strong and the head is down!  Way to go baby Q, you know what to do!

During my internal exam the doctor said that she could feel the baby's head!  She also said that I am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced.   I have 9 centimeters to go of course but I wouldn't mind dilating further before labor begins.  :)  Our next appointment will be in 2 weeks when we are 38 weeks.  At that time the doctor will strip my membranes to help the onset of labor.  YAY!  It's crunch time and I'm ready to meet this little baby in a few weeks!

In a few weeks.... a few weeks... wow, we will meet our precious baby in just a few weeks. That's awesome to say!  This baby is coming!  Wahooooo!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

A few weeks will be here before you know it. ;)