I have come to the conclusion - something I should have done before I even started - that nothing is going to jump start contractions until my body is ready. If home remedies actually worked, no mom would ever need to be induced with cervidil and/or pitocin. They would be able to bring labor on by simply eating spicy food, going on a long walk, or doing jumping jacks. With this conclusion, I have decided to stop looking for any little sign of approaching labor.
My world has already started to revolve around this baby and I am finding it difficult to be distracted. I guess it's this huge belly that moves on its own that prevents me from thinking of other things for very long. :) People don't tell you about the anguish you feel when you're full term, ready for the baby, and waiting. It's hard to not be disappointed when your due date approaches and you don't have a baby to hold in your arms. I know it's irrational thinking but you feel like your body isn't doing what it should be doing. It's easy for someone to read this and say "don't worry the baby will come when he or she is ready," but it is completely different when you're the one who is supposed to deliver the baby. I know I'm not going to be pregnant forever but the waiting is a killer!
Yesterday we had an appointment and I learned that I have not progressed in the last 4 weeks. What a disappointment! We did a non-stress test and the baby is doing well with a healthy heartbeat! That's good news! The other bit of good news is that I haven't gained any weight in the last week! Finally! Woo hoo!
So, since it looks like I will be going past my due date we decided to schedule an induction. I am going to give my body as long as possible to do this on its own but if the baby is not here by June 10th at 8pm we will begin the induction process. I will be close to 42 weeks pregnant and will be more than ready to evict this little one from my body! It's time for my organs to have some space. I have decided to get psyched about the baby's birthday being June 11, 2010. If the baby comes earlier it'll be a bonus but I'm tired of the disappointment and I don't want to be disappointed if June 10th approaches and I'm still pregnant.
It's nice to have an end date set. I know I'll be 11 days over due by the time of the induction but at least there's an end. All these estimates and guesses are rough on a hormonal pregnant woman! Now I have a set date and I know that I will be holding my little baby in the next 2 weeks! I will be ecstatic if the baby arrives earlier but my plan is June 11th.
I like surprises though! :)
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment