Sunday, May 30, 2010

40 weeks

Today is our due date and the baby has found the womb too comfortable.  I have created a warm and cozy home for this baby and I don't blame him or her for wanting to stay there just a little bit longer.  I was upset and emotional about my lack of progress on Friday but I'm over that now.   I think every woman in their 39th week of pregnancy wants to be that lady to deliver their baby just before they hit that 40 week mark; at least know there has been progression towards delivery.  Now that I'm officially 40 weeks pregnant, it's not so bad.  There is a deadline for this baby in 12 days.  We shall see if the arrival will be "early" or "right on time" with the new deadline.   As for now, I'll be happy with either.

Today is a beautiful day and guess what Seamus suggested we do?!  Go to a strawberry farm to pick strawberries!!  What a great way to celebrate our baby's due date!  We'll bring the camera so you can see pictures of a 40 week pregnant woman picking strawberries!!  haha... I don't know about you but I have an amazing picture in my head of what I am going to look like.  :)  Who knows, maybe the bending over will encourage labor?!?!  hehe - wishful thinking.   I think we'll have fun and don't worry, I plan on having Seamus do most of the picking!  :)

Happy Due Date to Us!

No comments: