Sunday, February 19, 2012

Schedule

Dear Penelope,

You are settling into a nice schedule.  You are awake for an hour then down for a 1-2 hour nap.  You repeat this pattern until bedtime at 7pm.  At 7pm things get iffy.  Some nights you are able to go to sleep relatively quickly and stay asleep until your first wake up between 1-4am.  Other nights, I can get you to sleep and transfer you to your crib but 5-10 minutes later you wake up.  It can take up to 2 hours to get you to sleep and stay asleep.  Those nights are rough on mommy.

I am starting to notice that if you sleep poorly in the afternoon you have difficulty staying asleep at bedtime.  The other night you only took one 15 minute snooze in a 4 hour period.  Luckily you weren't cranky at all.  However, when it came time for bed it took me 2 hours for you to sleep and stay asleep.  Now that I know what causes our bedtime troubles I can try to eliminate them to the best of my abilities.  If for one reason or another you don't get a decent nap in the afternoon I'll be mentally prepared that it could be tough for you to get to sleep.

I love you baby girl!

Love,

Mommy


No comments: