Thursday, September 29, 2011

Baking

Dear Michela,

Last week we made vegan banana muffins and this morning we made vegan pumpkin muffins.  You love helping me in the kitchen and the only way I feel comfortable with you helping me bake is if I bake vegan style.  This is why:



Some of my favorite childhood memories is helping Nana or Grandma Doti bake.  The best part about helping them was I got to lick the spoon and bowl when we were finished with the batter or dough.  I don't really feel comfortable letting you lick batter off of a spoon if there is raw egg in it so we eliminate the egg!  I am also assuring that you're not getting very much sugar by cutting the required sugar amounts in half and adding apple sauce for a sweetener.  The apple sause also replaces the oil.   So far both muffins (and muffin batters) are a hit with you!  YAY!

Hopefully Santa (ahem - Daddy) will bring us a Little Partners Learning Tower or make one similar in his workshop so you don't have to stand on a chair to help.  I think Daddy's Santa's incentive is that you will be able to help out with the dishes earlier if you have a stool like the learning tower.  :)  Until then a chair and mommy's hawk like eyes will have to do.

Thanks for helping me make some yummy (and healthy) treats!

With all my love,

Mommy

No comments: