Wednesday, June 30, 2010

whoa!

Last night Michela slept for 7 hours!!!  We put her to bed at 9pm and she slept until 4am!!!  She would have slept longer but I got lonely.  I am used to waking up every few hours to change and feed her and that 7 hour stretch was a bit long for me.  I woke up at 2:30am thinking that 5.5 hours was a long time but told myself that I wasn't going to wake her up.  So I used my hand pump to express some milk and relieve some pressure and went back to bed.  I couldn't sleep though.  I kept thinking that she was going to wake up any minute to eat. Of course she didn't wake up to eat!  At 4am I decided that I needed to feed her so I could fall asleep.  So I woke her up.  She nursed on one breast then fell back asleep so I wrapped her up and put her back in her crib, pumped the other side, went to bed, and fell asleep.

I am definitely a rookie mom.  No experienced mom would have woken their daughter up at 4am to eat!  That's just crazy!  I'm sure I'll improve and learn how to sleep again.  Of course, I'm not banking on this routine becoming regular just yet; she's only 3.5 weeks!

Seamus said that when he woke up he felt well rested for the first time in a few weeks.  He doesn't wake up to take care of Michela during the night but he does wake up when she cries. So his sleep isn't what it used to be either.  I know that Seamus would take a night shift if he could feed her.  He would also help out by changing her diaper in the middle of the night if I asked him.  But why would I do that since I have to wake up  anyways?!  hehe

No comments: