Monday, April 15, 2013

Night 2



Dear Michela and Penelope,

Success!  Last night you shared the big girl bedroom.  We staggered your bedtimes so Michela you got to go to bed an hour later than normal.  Penelope, you fought sleep but eventually gave in and slept through the night for the very first time in your big girl bed.  Way to go!

Penelope - I think part of the reason it took you so long to fall asleep was during our first attempt bedtime was play time.  I'm hoping now that you know what is expected, it will be easier to relax and fall asleep.  We left your door open in case you or Michela woke up in the middle of the night.  I don't know how long we'll keep the door open though.  I reverted back to when you were a newborn and listened for every sound so I could pounce before you woke up Michela or visa versa.  Of course, there was nothing for me to worry about.  You both slept perfectly.

Michela - I am proud of you for opening up your room (not that you had a choice) to your sister.  You spent the extra hour with Daddy reading books and quietly playing in the family room.  When I came out you were more than ready for bed.  You said good night to Daddy and I explained that you needed to be very quiet so Penelope could sleep.  You did just that.  We looked at Penelope sleeping in her big girl bed then you went right to sleep in your bed.  Very nice!

This morning we discovered that you love audio books!  So tonight Daddy said after we read books together you get to listen to audio books while Penelope goes to sleep.  That should be fun!

I love you baby big girls girls!

Keep up the good work of sleeping soundly together.

With all my love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aww! What big girls! That is awesome that the second night went so well already. I bet they're going to love sharing as they get older. Having a sister so close in age has got to be pretty fun!