Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter


Dear Girls,

This year Daddy and I decided to host a brunch for Easter.  The Quillinan clan came over and we hunted for eggs in the backyard.  The Easter bunny filled plastic eggs with bead necklaces, stickers, and snakes.  There were a few large eggs with your names on them with Disney characters inside.  You loved opening the eggs and seeing what was inside.  I quickly learned that the eggs needed to go away after everyone left.  They just became a big mess for me to clean up.  So the presents inside stayed and the shells went away for next year.

Penelope, you didn't really understand the hunt but you love the bead necklaces and snakes.  You wore the necklaces everyday for a good week.  A few have ended up breaking from getting caught on things but most have survived.  This morning you walked between Daddy and I showing us 2 snakes.  You tried to scare us by making the snake touch our legs and saying "snake!"  You are super cute!

Michela, you loved the hunt and got excited when ever you found an egg.  "Look, I found another one!"  Then opening the eggs you showed us each thing you opened by saying, "Look, I got a (necklace / snake/ stickers)!"  I love your enthusiasm!

After the big hunt we went inside for brunch.  Grammy and Papa brought Honey Baked ham, Hawaiian rolls, and deviled eggs.  Yum!  I made a French toast casserole and cut up fresh fruit.  I'd say it was a tasty meal!  Perhaps not the healthiest but it was tasty!

We had a great day and I hope to do it again next year!


With all my love,

Mommy

No comments: