Yup, that's right, I am officially in my third trimester. I'm 27 weeks pregnant with only 13 weeks left to go! Woo hoo! I love being pregnant but I can't wait to meet my little one and finally see if we have a boy or girl!
This week the baby found my ribs. I must say that is an odd feeling and has made my ribs a bit sore. I also seem to be carrying this baby on my right side - not just the right of my belly button but on my side! I feel so lopsided sometimes! I think the baby is starting to get cramped in there, I'm not feeling as many kicks but I'm feeling more rolling and stretching. According to one website the baby should measure around 15 inches head to toe.
One thing that decided to show up this week is the linea nigra - that lovely dark line down the center of my belly. It's pretty light but it goes from my groin up to my breast. We'll see in May or June if the old wives tale of having the linea nigra above my belly button means boy. :) We don't really know why the linea nigra is down the center of the belly. We know that it's hyper pigmentation due to hormones but why in a vertical line down the center of your belly, I don't know. Seamus of course gave an answer, "that's where your skin fused together when you were developing!" I love that he has an answer for everything.
Another exciting development this week is that Seamus and I found a glider with ottoman on Craigslist for $75! It needed to be spot cleaned but I think it looks pretty good! It came from a pet free family and it's only a year old. I think it's great and can't wait for the cushions to dry so I can sit in it again! YAY!
1 day ago
1 comment:
Congrats on the glider!!! That's how we found ours too!!
Where is the belly pic to show off the new line?? ;)
Post a Comment