Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Um

Dear Penelope,

WHAT?!?!  I guess you're ready to be potty trained?  Maybe?  I'm not sure I'm ready to potty train you how could you be ready?  Last week you wanted to sit on the potty.  When you sit on the potty you insist on being naked.  We had about 30 minutes until bath time so I stripped you down.  You sat on the potty and read books for long time but never went to the bathroom.  When it was time to take a bath Daddy put the potty away and started to clean up some toys on the floor.  You weren't interested in the potty any longer when Daddy put it away.  While Daddy was putting toys away you ran up to him and insistently asked for the potty again.  He pulled it out.  You sat down and immediately started to pee!!!  WHAT?  This wasn't a 'lets sit on the potty and have an accidental pee in the pot.'  This was an intentional, "I have to pee so where's the pot?" pee!  Holy cow!  You're only 20 months old baby girl!  Slow down!  I know your brother is technically the baby of the family but you're still my baby.

I'm so proud of you!  I haven't pushed potty training because I'm not ready.  Daddy just returned to work and I'm still adjusting to our new family of five.  If you ask to sit on the potty I always let you but I'm not going the naked training just yet.  Maybe during labor day weekend when Daddy's home.  I don't know.  We'll see.

Love you BABY girl!

With all my love,

Mommy

No comments: