| You must be the baby of the family. Your sisters didn't have monthly stickers for their monthly pictures. Spoiled party of one? ;-) |
Dear Colin,
You are officially one month old! You are now 8lbs 14oz! Everyday I look at you and am amazed by how fast you're growing. 2 pounds in a month? Impressive.
On Saturday, August 17th you gave Daddy your first intentional smile. Of course I'm offended that it wasn't directed at me but I quickly got over it when you smiled for me.
One big thing that happened this month was our big move to San Jose. You weren't phased by our move but it was a big task to take on with a 2.5 week old. I don't recommend moving when you have a newborn. Obviously you do what you have to do but it would have been nice to be able to adjust to our family of 5 without boxes. Daddy did most of the packing and cleaning. I was limited in my ability to pack while 9 months pregnant and again just after you were born. I consider it a successful day if I can get 1 box unpacked and keep the 3 of you alive and happy. Needless to say, Daddy and I are tired.
It has been over a month since I have had a good nights rest thanks to you and your sisters. You're totally worth the lack of sleep though. The closest thing to a full nights sleep was last night when you slept from 9-3!!!! You jumped from your usual 3 hour stretch to 6 hours! Wahoo! There were 3 problems for me though. 1) Michela woke up and needed me at midnight. So I didn't get to sleep the full 6 hour stretch. 2) You thought it would be great to start your day at 3am. You kept me up from 3am until 4:30am. And 3) Penelope decided that 5:30am was a great time to wake me up for the day. Even with those obstacles last night was an improvement from the night before.
The 3 of you played a joke on me Sunday night. All 3 of you needed me at some point. You guys spaced out your wake ups and let me think I was going to get a decent stretch of sleep. However, I was up with you at 11:30pm, Michela at 12:30am, Penelope at 1:30am, and you again at 3:00am and 4:00am. Then Penelope was up for the day at 5:15am. I felt like a zombie yesterday.
Daddy returned to work last week and so far I only had 1 day where I felt like I was in over my head. You were having a fussy day and wanted to breastfeed non-stop. If you weren't breastfeeding you were screaming because you were overtired. You only took short catnaps that day and that didn't help your fussiness. I sent Daddy a text begging him to come home as soon as he was able. I had a couple breakdowns that day but none since. I felt as though I was a terrible mother since you were screaming and I couldn't attend to your sisters like they wanted and needed. Luckily, I have moved on from that day and you haven't had another terribly fussy day like that again (yet).
I can't believe 1 month has passed already. It feels like you were born last week, not last month. As of Saturday you are in 0-3 month clothing. I still need to pack up your newborn clothes. I'll find time to it someday. :)
I love you Colin Seamus!
Keep growing strong.
With all my love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment