Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Food

Dear Penelope,

One of the perks of turning 6 months old is you get to start eating solids!  Last week (6/12/12), I made a small batch of pureed zucchini fresh from our garden.  While steaming, I made some zucchini spears for you to play with.  You liked picking it up but you didn't put it in your mouth.  Zucchini doesn't seem to be your favorite flavor but you still let me (or daddy) put some in your mouth to taste.  We'll offer it one more time before moving on to something else.  I'm thinking sweet potato will be next.

You're such a fun little girl and I'm excited to watch you explore new flavors.

With all my love,

Mommy

Update:  I have postponed posting this letter because I was waiting to upload pictures.  Well, I am apparently a slacker and am just now getting around to uploading pictures.  I ended up offering Banana after the zucchini and the banana was a hit!  You love it!  I haven't mashed it up for you though.  I have been giving you 1/4 of a banana for you to hold and bring to your mouth.  You mash it up in your mouth then push it out with your tongue.  You still seem to have the tongue thrust so I'm not sure you're "ready" for solids just yet.  I'm still offering it since you practically attack the banana.

Here are the pictures I have been waiting for.  :)
Zucchini, yuck!
Banana - yum!


nom nom

Bananas can be slippery!

Thanks for your help mom!

I give up trying to pick it up.  I'll lick it off the tray!



No comments: