Monday, October 28, 2013

Sleep Please

Dear Colin,

I wrote this a while ago but failed to complete it.  Probably because I was too tired to do anything extra.

Dear Colin,

I want to sleep.  Waking up every hour is not what I had in mind for sleeping arrangements.  I'm not expecting you to sleep through the night.  Just longer than one sleep cycle!  What's going on?  Growth spurt?  I have no idea.  All I know is that I'm a walking zombie and it's not fair to anyone.  Last night was better but you still woke up 4 times.  

I'm still tired but you're sleeping much better.  Last night you only woke up twice.  THANK YOU!  I don't know how I would be functioning if I had to go through another week like last week.  Please don't do that to me again!  Please!!

With all my love,

Mommy

Update #2:  You tortured me again last night and I survived - barely.



--------------------------------------------------



Dear Quillinan Trio,

Friday I started a running record of how many times I am woken up by you three.  I wanted to share with you to show you how much sleep I sacrifice simply because I love you.  Here it is:

Oct 24, 2013

C asleep at 6:20pm
P asleep at 7pm
M asleep at 7:15pm

Wake ups:
C 11:45pm- 12:15am
M 1am unknown reason
M  1:30 to pee
C 2am - 2:15
C 5am

C & P up for the day at 6:30am
M up for the day at 7am.
-—---------------

10/25/13

C asleep 6:15pm
P asleep 7:30pm
M asleep 7:45pm

Wake ups:
P 9:15 for blanket
C 11:45 - 12:05
P 12:15 for water
P 12:20 for blanket
C 3:15 - 3:30

New day begins:
P 5:50
C 6:10
M 7:00
-----------------

10/26/13  (lots of car napping to and from Davis today)

Asleep:
C 7:00
P 8:20
M 8:45

Wake ups:
C 12:30 - 1:00
M 1:30 (pee & ice pack)
C 2:30-2:45
C 3:30- 3:45
C 4:30 - 5:00

New day begins:
C 6:00
P 6:40
M 6:40

---------------------
10/27/13

Asleep:
C 5:50
P 7:10
M 7:30

Wake ups:
C 8:20 - 8:30
C 11:15 - 11:30
C 2:00 - 2:20
C 3:00 - 3:50
M 4:00 - 4:10
C 4:25 - 5

New Day Begins:
C 5:30
P 6:30
M 7:00

::YAWN::

So as you can see I haven't had a full night's sleep in a while.  This is only data for the last few nights but trust me, this is my new normal.  ugh!  This is also my excuse for failing to update this month.  I feel guilty about that by the way.
You insisted on wearing pants
& socks with your sleeper.

October in a flash:

1) We went on a field trip to Emma Prush Farms with preschool.  You had a blast!  Colin slept most of the time but Michela and Penelope loved it.  Michela, I didn't have to worry about you because you wanted to be front and center the entire time.  You were first in line for everything - the water pump, touching a cactus, petting a bunny, and getting on the hay ride.  You have leader written all over you. If you did a silly jump, wiggle, run, there were 3 others right behind you.  It was a lot of fun seeing you with your classmates.

Getting ready for our tour to begin.
Penelope, you fit right in with Michela's class.  In fact, you're not much smaller than some of the kids in the class. You held your own when petting the bunny, feeding the pigs, and following the tour.  You were a little scared of the chickens roaming under your feet at the picnic tables but didn't mind them a few feet away.


2) We went to Uesugi Farms Pumpkin Patch and had fun riding on the hayride, train, and carousel.





 

3) We celebrated Daddy's 32nd birthday with a family gathering at Grammy and Papa's.  It was fun having all the cousins together.

4) We met Edo and Mila at the Oakland Zoo.
5) Nana and Papi came to visit!

Learning about a moldy pumpkin.
6) We celebrated Halloween with Bright Beginnings Preschool by trick or treating around the school and office.  
8) We were just plain cute.  Colin you turned 3 months old!  I took pictures with your month sticker but still haven't uploaded them from the camera.  Please refer back to my sleep log.  ;)  We weighed you when Nana and Papi visited and you were 12 lbs 8 oz on your 3 month birthday.  Oh I should add that you are now a pro in the car.  You stopped screaming at around 8 weeks of age.  Thank you!  






Poor Colin is constantly under kiss attacks by Michela & Penelope

I love you three; even when you're trying torture me with lack of sleep.

With all my love,

Mommy

No comments: