Monday, October 4, 2010

4 months old!


Dear Meeka,

Today you are 4 months old!  You are growing so fast.  We had our doctors appointment this morning and I can't tell you how proud I am of you.  You are a trooper!  You had 3 shots and an oral vaccine today - the same ones you had at your 2 months appointment.  You didn't cry!!!  You gave a loud yell that sort of sounded like, "Hey," but you didn't cry!  What a brave girl!

The doctor referred us to a specialist to check out your head.  You have a bit of a flat spot on your right side and she wants a specialist to take measurements and check out your neck muscles.  The specialist will tell us if you need to see a physical therapist or wear a helmet to help round out your head.  Your doctor doesn't think you're a candidate for a helmet but she didn't want to rule anything out yet.    I think that since you have such strong neck muscles and you prefer to be sitting up that your head will even out on its own.  I'm not worried.  I think you're perfect!

Your 4 month stats:
Weight: 16lbs 7.5oz  (96 percentile)  This also happens to be only 1/2 ounce less than Caitlin (7 months)!!!
Height: 26 inches (99 percentile)
Head circumference:  17 inches (95 percentile)

You are one big, happy, healthy, growing girl!

I love you Michela!

Love,

Mommy

p.s. I had a hard time picking your 4 month picture so I made a small collage of some of my favorites.

Here is a picture from your first trip to the pumpkin patch.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We saw a specialist for Garrett's head too and the shape changed all on its own! She is so beautiful, her 4 month photos turned out so cute, I can see why you'd need a whole collage!